Welcome to the landing place for the Western Chester County Homeschool Science Fair Club!
Join us whenever you can!
At 1pm on the third Friday of each month (August-December), we’ll meet at Atglen Public Library to help each other prepare for the local homeschool science fair of your choosing. These science fairs are open to grades K-12 (so, yes, your kindergartener can do a science fair project).
The focus and date of each 2017 science fair club meeting is:
- August 18: Pick a field of study (physics, biology, chemistry, etc.)
- September 15: Preliminary Research (pictures, notes, bibliography/sources to cite) [FYI, club moderator is unable to attend this month, but families are still welcome to get together & help each other at this meeting!]
- October 20: Experimental Design (research question, hypothesis, materials & procedures)
- November 17: Discuss & Troubleshoot Experiments in Progress (or get help getting started!)
- December 15: Discuss data analysis, report writing & display creation
Our experience has shown that the two most helpful factors in a science fair experiment are STARTING EARLY and having friends for support along the way.
The Atglen Public Library is located at 413 Valley Rd, 19310. No need to register: just show up when you can!